24.5.11

Happy Anniversary

A year ago you made me a very happy woman, a beaming bride. Time has passed but my love for you has not diminished, my appetite remains strong. I long to re-create that special moment and to devour you once again. Happy anniversary, wedding food.

Gather round y'all and feast your eyes on a photographic tribute to the buffet of Southern classics served at my wedding in Savannah, GA, last May. Fiddly fine dining is not welcome at a party in these parts. Spicy shrimp-n-grits, tomato pie, mac-n-cheese, fried chicken, and peach cobbler — at a wedding? Yes ma'am!

Grab a plate and pile it high...


All photos by the brilliant Geoff L Johnson.

3 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! I'm all for eating proper pile-it-high grub at a wedding rather than picky finger food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a wonderful spread! Is that macaroni cheese?

    Luiz @ The London Foodie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Luiz - Yes the fourth photo is indeed macaroni and cheese, we had our caterer make this using my grandmother's recipe. It's been a favourite of mine since I was old enough to hold a fork!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...